21 December 2010

The Next Five Sitnam Marines

I have 5 more space marines that are ready for basing and the finishing touches.  They need to be based, and the purity seals need to be painted, the Marine with the power fist needs both shoulder pads and the others only need the chapter symbol on them.  I do have about 8 shoulder pads ready to have the decal put on them.  I am hoping that I can get those done before Christmas.

In the left corner you can see my Term Cpt.

I do like how the Sgt has turned out so far
The first 4 are going to be used to fill out the second squad, an all plasma squad.  With these 4 I just have 2 more standard Marines to paint up to finish up the squad. The Army is coming along at a pretty nice pace, not screaming fast, but not at a snails pace ether. I hope that I can get another 2 Marines primed, 2 more scouts primed, and 2 more Marines for my Kill Team primed as well.  right now it has been way to wet out side to prime anything so that has been a little disappointing.

Questions and Comments are welcome.

20 December 2010

Hirst Arts and Space Hulk First 8 Parts

I know it has been quite some time since I have posted about my Hirst Arts Space Hulk project.  So this evening I thought I would take what parts that I did have cast and see how many of the corridors I could put together. To my surprise I was able to make 8 parts.

Some of the corridors glued to the foam core

All 8 pieces on the foam core waiting to be cut

A close up of one of the bigger rooms
These are not looking too bad, Once they have dried and set up I'll cut them out and then paint them up.  I do think that I will first fill the foam core with as many pieces as I can before I cut them out. This is making storage a little easier. 

The Mold Cast count:

# 276: 49
# 277:  6
# 325:  5

I will defiantly be casting more pieces after seeing how these are turning out. That and it reminded me of building with Legos when I was a Kid.

Questions and Comments are welcome. 

14 December 2010

Shoulder Pads The Next Generation

In my previous post I used Green Stuff to sculpt tactical squad markings.  After reading the blog lascannons and lances  and seeing what he had done with his Space Marine chapter marking and shoulder pads I commissioned him to make me some very basic chapter markings.

So I'll be using the rubber stamp engraving that is on its way here, to make shoulder pads.  I'll be make a master mold and then casting my own shoulder pads.  I am looking forward to trying my best to work with resin, and rubber molds.  As this process goes I'll continue to up date the progress, and failure.  We will hope that failure is at a minimum.

Hopefully the rubber stamp engraving will be arriving before the first of the year.  Keeping my fingers crossed.